Sunday, May 20, 2007

Back on track!

That Jimmy Tingle--what a nice guy! I'm not suggesting there aren't other nice guys in The Comedy, but Jimmy sets a new standard of "nice guy-ness" for the industry.

At least in my (limited, admittedly) experience.

Jennifer and I drove over there last night, with Scotchie in the back seat noodling over his cell phone (I don't pretend to understand the allure of noodling over one's cell phone--probably sour grapes because I couldn't read text small enough to fit in a phone if my life depended on it--but it kept him happy while he was along for the ride, and that's what counts). Originally, Jennifer was coming along in fine comedy buddy form, in the hopes that she'd get some future time on the Jimmy Tingle's Off Broadway (JTOB) stage.

Well, she got her wish--but the "future" was now. Jimmy needed comics, and so Jennifer got a spot on last night's stage, too. Woo!

The only downside is that the place wasn't exactly packed, shall we say. I've certainly worked smaller rooms, but then again, about 10 more people would have been helpful. The show is at the building stage, though, so eventually, there will be more people, if there's any justice in this world.

Or if the word gets around, whichever comes first.

Whatever happens, if there's a show, I'll be back to perform in it. Jimmy is a dream to work for, and the people who work there are dear as well. Methinks Jennifer is of the same opinion, too, which works out great.

Must say, after a night like this, I feel all full of hope and what-all. Might just be the weather (we have SUN!), might just be fatigue (I didn't get to bed until 2:30 a.m.), but then again, it might just be based on an inkling of what may be coming....

We shall see!

Oh, one last thing. Had a new line occur to me last night, and it's part of my burgeoning 30th high school reunion material. I talked about how I've changed since 1977--went from straight girl/wanna-be artist to art school dropout/recovering dykesaurus--and how my former classmates may react. Methinks they'll be full of gratitude, actually, leading me to conclude:

"Ann Podolske, bringing self-esteem to the people since 1959."

No comments: