Sunday, November 08, 2009

Laughs for Linda on Thursday!

In case I missed telling you this somehow, we're having a comedy benefit on Thursday, Nov. 12 at the Bluebonnet Diner. It starts at 8:00 p.m., tickets are $10, and all proceeds go to the Cancer Connection.

Disclaimer: No matter what happens on stage, the cause is just. I say this only because I and my comedy cohorts intend to be funny, but as the benefit is called "Laughs for Linda," there is a slight chance it might be a weepy night for some of us.

Some of us would be me.

I have been known to weep at the sight of Tower Square (site of Linda's former office), people, so chances are I may emit a tear or two.

On other fronts, I still haven't heard from the COMCAST rep who responded to my "COMCASTIC? You be the judge!" post. Apparently, Linda's name will remain on the bill until I drag my carcass and a death certificate to their offices. As every other vendor/utility/you-name-it that had Linda's name on it allowed me to assume the bills WITHOUT A PEEP, I think it will be a very chilly day you-know-where before I jump through COMCAST's widow-unfriendly hoops.

Am seriously considering cancelling my COMCAST and living off of Netflix for a while. What do you think?

I get my knickers in a knot over the darndest things, don't I? (No need to answer that.) Well, I could get in a high fever over the Democrats throwing Choice out the window to get health care for everyone (except ladies who need abortions) through the House, but where would that get me?

It's become clear to me that ladies who need abortions are about as expendable as members of the GLBT clan in the political scheme of things, and as someone who has fit into both of those categories over the sweep of my long and occasionally befuddling existence, I need to not take this all to heart.

But I can't help it if I find the need to slam down the phone every time the Democratic Party calls for money, because, well, that's just me exercising my right to not give money to people who throw people like me under the bus on a regular basis.

And now that I have a full lather on, I need to go wind down before bed. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

PJ said...

Heck yes cancel Comcast...it does get their attention. I bet you get a call to ask you back, another chance to tell them they need to do better.

Good luck on the comedy night...and don't worry about tears..they help us all.

Pj