Saturday, March 28, 2009

How was last night's show?

It wasn't. Let's just say I am paying the price for staying up past my bedtime--and I didn't even perform. Why? Because I asked not to. Wonder why I would do such an anti-"The Show Must Go On" kind of thing? I direct you to my MySpace page for the details (link to your right).

But the night had its compensations. I got the full 15-minute tour of Jennifer and Scott's home before the show, along with running commentary as to the dubious parentage of the previous owners. Also held hands with Scott and Jennifer for a while, which was odd yet sweet. Never just sat holding hands with friends before for no apparent reason (my hands were held a' plenty when Linda was in surgery, believe me). Just seemed the thing to do.

And yes, this is likely as close to being a "Cougar" as I'll ever be. As if. Wonder if there's a lesbian equivalent? Nothing remotely amusing is coming to me. I'll work on it....

Anyway, today we had a whole-house water filtration system installed, as well as a reverse-osmosis spigot put into the kitchen. All of this wonderful water will be good for our Linda, and for me, actually (no more chlorine drying out my already Saharan skin, for one thing).

Now I must return to my tax prep. Yes, this is getting ridiculous. Am hoping to put an end to it this weekend. Here's hoping!

And here's hoping you're having a much more exciting weekend than I. Though on days such as these, when I'm just dragging my tired carcass around, I'm rather grateful for the absolute lack of excitement on today's menu.

Tomorrow? That'll be another story.

No comments: