Sunday, September 09, 2007

Comic anniversary

This coming Saturday, September 15, it will have been four years since I began my comedy career (loosely defined). According to my calendar, that was the first day of the standup comedy course at the venerable Greenfield Community College that I took on a whim.

What a whim!

Four years later, I am still standing up and largely succeeding at making the people laugh, though I must confess the bloom has been off the comedy rose of late--though this is due more to my ailing dog more than the state of my relationship with The Comedy. (We're still quite fond of one another, it's just other things--i.e., Linus--are more important right now.)

That's not to say I'm not still performing--tonight Jennifer and I will be at The Comedy Studio, and on my comedy anniversary next Saturday, I'll be participating in another installment of the fabulous Girls! Girls! Girls! franchise at PACE.

Hope to see you there--or somewhere--soon....

No comments: