Sunday, June 10, 2007

Vacation

Linus continues to have good days and not-so-good days. This morning, around 2:30, he woke me up to go outside, only to RUN barking after who-knows-what outside.

It being 2:30, I forgot to put on my glasses and my shoes, so I have no idea what he was running towards.

Am terribly, terribly grateful it wasn't a rabid skunk. Being virtually blind as well as barefoot, I wouldn't have been much help.

And who, exactly, expects an arthritic dog to suddenly be able to run? (He did collapse afterwards, but still.)

Note to self: Put on your glasses, no matter what the hour.

Today, we're both a little groggy, as you can imagine. I expect this to change shortly, as we're off to see the dyke diva Kate Clinton tonight.

I adore Kate Clinton. If ever a Martian were to ask me to "Take me to your leader," she'd be my first pick.

On the vacation front, I'm still stuck with two tickets to the "True Colors" tour in Chicago. No nibbles on the online front or the friend front. Sigh.

Looks like I'm going to eat them, but if one must lose money on tickets, at least they were for a good cause.

Elsewise, I will be hanging with my high school's Class of 1977 in the not-too-distant future. By myself. (Linda is staying home to tend to our dear boy.)

They want me to do some of my standup, the prospect of which has sent more than one comic friend (and one sister-in-law) into tizzies. Small, medium, and large size tizzies, to be exact.

I understand their concern, but also feel this might be something very, very good. You know--for the healing.

Of course, it might also be good for the nice lady in town I stopped seeing a while ago as well.

We shall see, eh?

No comments: