Thursday, April 19, 2007

TONIGHT: Valley of Laughter Comedy Contest

Since I can't seem to help myself, tonight I will be at Brennan's Place 173 High Street Holyoke, MA 01040 to participate in the new comedy contest dreamt up by Dan the Librarian (or at least I think it's his brainchild--pardon me if I've missed somebody).

If you can't make it (I understand that the allure of an Irish bar in Holyoke may be questionable to most of my friends, particularly the GLBT and sober ones), please pray for me, or a reasonable facsimile.

The good news? According to her blog, Erin Judge will be there, too--she's funny and she's female, so I'm feeling better about doing this. For now.

On other fronts, I have a gig at a nursing home tonight, too (yes, the blessings are raining down on my noggin'). The bad news is that the place has a rather dicey reputation--the first Google entry had to do with how ill-treated the residents are--the good news is if anyone needs a laugh, it's people living in a crappy nursing home.

I'm just hoping the residents don't all look like my mother. That was the case at the last home I tried to make The Comedy in, but it just couldn't happen under those circumstances.

No comments: